Friday, October 28, 2011

A Little About Me

Having no idea where to start, I'll just jump right in.

I'm in my early 30s and a long-time resident of the Nutmeg State (hence the blog title).  I have a fantastically wonderful husband, family, and set of friends.  And I recently quit my marketing communications job to be a full-time mom (which slightly scares the crap out of me) to my adorable, handsome, sweet three-month-old son (who will likely have a major complex as we repeat these adjectives to him each and every day).  (Oh, and I like parentheses.)

My interests and hobbies are rather all over the place, and I expect that this blog will exemplify that.

I love to cook, bake, drink and entertain.  Martha Stewart and Ina Garten have been idols of mine for as long as I can remember.  I'm a bit of a Francophile (even though I've yet to get to France), and have lofty dreams of taking over the awful excuse for a French bakery in my town.  Oddly enough, the day I went into labor with my son, I was in the middle of a 14.5-hour croissant project that I knew - had it come to fruition - would blow said bakery's croissants out of the water.  (Lucky for the bakery, my contractions started around hour 13 and three days later, the only croissant I cared about was the living breathing one permanently affixed to my arms.)



However, though I dream of rolling hills dotted with fields of sunflowers and lavender, or intimate mirror-lined bistros that serve champagne and croque-monsieurs, New England is the area that is truly nearest and dearest to my heart.  I love the change of seasons, the crazy weather patterns, and the rocky (and cold) beaches.  I love L.L. Bean tote bags, sweaters, and the glorious colors of the trees throughout October.  And though it is the most overused advertising slogan for our state, I love that Connecticut is halfway in between Boston and New York, as both are cities I love.

I hate gyms.  I hate the smell of them, I hate seeing the same people (who are alway way more in shape than me) every day, I hate the fact that every November, I succumb to donating part of my monthly paycheck to them, only to completely stop going every March.

Instead, I'd much rather be outside.  I love soccer and I love my semi-old ladies league that plays every week in the Spring and the Fall.  I love to run and aim to complete my fourth marathon in the next year.  Nothing makes me happier in the summer than walking the golf course with my husband or close girl friends (with a beer in hand, of course), and nothing makes me happier in the winter than being on a ski lift in the midst of a snow storm.

So you see, there's quite an array of subjects that this blog will cover.  But, I expect that most entries will be about this little boy.  And I'm sure you can see why.


No comments:

Post a Comment