Monday, February 6, 2012

Inaugural Tuesdays with Dorie Post - White Loaves


Tomorrow (Tuesday) marks the first day members of the new Tuesdays with Dorie group are posting their first recipe from the Baking with Julia book - white loaves. In true "me" fashion, I've already broken one of the (very few) rules, and posted about my white loaves several weeks before I was supposed to. (I promise I won't make this mistake again, in case anyone from that group actually reads my blog!) What can I say - I was excited!

If you care to read the post again, you'll see a small edit I made after baking the bread again (it was that good), and learn how this little dent in my kitchen tile came to be.

Ugly crack on ugly tile
In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity to give a couple shout outs / links.
  • I've only made one recipe, but I am already convinced that Baking with Julia is a worthwhile investment. I strongly suggest making the purchase. 
  • Check out One Bite at a Time - the blog written by my sister / pastry school student extraordinaire for way cooler photos of this whole bread-making deal. She also is churning out amazing pastries left and right as she makes her way through pastry school.
  • Stay tuned! In two more weeks, I'll be posting photos from our next assignment - chocolate truffle tartlets. Just try and tell me these won't be absolutely delicious! 

14 comments:

  1. Your loaves look fantastic!

    And ouch! My Kitchenaid would have totally taken a nose dive as well if I hadn't kept pushing it back. I've never had that happen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I peeked at your earlier post - it's great looking bread. Glad you found the purchase of the book worthwhile already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the shout out, sis! p.s. we get a 30% student discount on all kitchen aid products in case your interested...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kitchen aid has taken the same trip. Luckily, it didn't hurt my kitchen tile and still works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I will be your sister if I can also get the discount. (kidding, kind of) I am excited too. Glad the bread worked out and you don't have a broken tile for nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!!! Hope you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! Glad the mixer survived. Your bread looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the mixer survived! Whew! The bread looks great, and I guess you will always have a story to tell about the broken tile! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure you were so relieved the mixer made it. I have ceramic tile and I am guessing that in my house it would end up breaking both the tile AND the mixer! That's quite a story.
    Looking forward to many more TWD to come...

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry about your tile.
    my kitchen aid moved a lot too, not quite as much as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never put my kitchen- aid through such paces! Too bad about yout tile. However, I know the aroma and taste were worth it! All in the name of good food :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry about your cracked tile. That stinks. Luckily, the bread offered a little comfort to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what a bummer. Non-skid liner might help the poor Kitchenaid stay in place. Glad to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete