Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year's End



Well, the holidays are over. We had a wonderful Christmas, and as always, ended the year with a dual New Year's / birthday celebration for yours truly, during which I was lucky to be surrounded by some of my most favorite friends and family.

I've had a myriad of blog posts circulating throughout my mind, between the standard holiday recap (complete with photos) and a round-up of my year. However, a few days after Christmas, I received word that an old friend had passed away, rather unexpectedly. Since then, my heart just hasn't been into posting happy photos, or raving on and on about how this has been my most favorite year yet. (Which it truly has been.)

But, never one to dwell in the negative, I hope to be back to my usual happy posts very soon. After all, we have so much to be thankful for right now, and so, so much to look forward to this year. I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday, and is enjoying the new year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, Jen. As you know, we experienced a tragic loss just before Christmas, too. It certainly changed how we celebrated the holiday. This year it was less about presents and more about quiet time with family. Hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete