Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Stopping in quickly to wish all the mothers out there a wonderful and fabulous Mother's Day weekend! Though I'm now a mother, I will probably always feel that the celebration of this day belongs solely to my own mom! 


I could say many, many things about my mom, but I think the biggest compliment I can give her is that she is the reason I've always wanted to be a mom myself. My sisters and I could not be luckier to have such a fantastic role model / confidant / friend / mother.


And words can't even begin to describe how lucky this kid (and now his little sister!) is...! Boy, does he love his Queenie. (Or "Key," as he has taken to calling her.) There is nothing quite like a relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild, and one of the best parts of motherhood has been watching Sammy and Queenie's relationship develop. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, and please join me in raising a glass (or three - because I can do that now) of champagne to all our mothers and grandmothers!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, special tribute. 3 beautiful daughters, inside and out, and now 2 of the sweetest grands ever. This is probably why I forgot Mother's Day was this week----it happens every single day for me!

    ReplyDelete