Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the two best dads in the world!


I'm not one for getting schmaltzy (in general, but especially on the blog), but I would be remiss to mention what a fantastic father my husband has turned out to be. There's no such thing as "mommy-only duties" in our house - James helps out with absolutely everything, and for that, I feel beyond lucky. And Sammy could not be more smitten with his daddy. Everything - and I mean everything - is "Daddy" this, and "Daddy" that. I'm not the only one that benefits in our household - Sammy and Libby are both some very lucky kids.




Of course James has had some big shoes to fill, as my dad is the original BDITW (Best Dad in the World). My childhood memories basically center around all the activities I used to do with my dad - fishing for minnows, playing soccer, softball, tennis, cross-country skiing - I could go on and on. Though I'm very much like my mom, some of my favorite qualities are those I've inherited from my dad, and I am beyond lucky to have had such a great role model. As if that wasn't enough, watching the relationship between my dad and my own kids develop is truly one of the best things in the world.

Happy Father's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment