Monday, December 17, 2012

The Power of Family and Friends

Sigh.

I like to think of my blog as a sort of virtual scrapbook. Meaning it's a snapshot of all the happy moments of my life. Sure, there is a bit of whining thrown in, but very rarely do we ever "scrapbook" events that are unhappy, disturbing, and painful, and thus I choose to stay away from that sort of fare. And yet it seems impossible to not at least mention the horrible day that was this past Friday, especially as it occurred right here in my beloved Nutmeg State. At the same time, I find myself at a loss for words - or at least words that haven't already been written by others. Of course I am sad, horrified, angry, heartbroken and grief-stricken. But right now, these words don't seem to be enough.

So instead, I'm going to keep this post short and sweet, and just leave you with a couple snapshots of some of my favorite people. Though the weekend started off with swollen eyes and a lot of pain, it transitioned into a joyful and happy time, as two of my favorite people celebrated big birthdays.


This picture is almost a year old now, but I still love it (and unfortunately, did not snap any photos during her surprise Friday night birthday celebration). Happy 34th 27th birthday to one of my very best friends, Auntie Carrot!



And a very special birthday shoutout to my dad, who turned the big 6-0 this past weekend. My family and I were all together to celebrate, and amidst all the laughs, tears and toddler-induced craziness, it was a wonderful reminder of how lucky we are, and how important it is to make the most of the moment.


Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a lot of cuddling, holding, and tickling to do. Just because I can.

1 comment:

  1. eloquently said....and we'll never forget this birthday! Miss my little boy!

    ReplyDelete