Sunday, January 15, 2012

Days 14 and 15: Photo A Day Challenge

Day 14: Something You're Reading


Don't laugh. I asked for (and received) a sewing machine for Christmas, and promptly after, I ordered this book. I've been reading and re-reading it for days. Though I likely will not attempt Japanese embroidery, nor am I very interested in the art of appliqué, some of the sewing projects do look somewhat manageable.

Day 15: Happiness

Two things make me quite happy this evening. First, the bowl of gooey, artery-clogging macaroni and cheese I made earlier today. It's an Emeril recipe, and to me, Emeril is in the same camp as Guy Fieri and Rachael Ray (read: I'm not a fan), but this has been my go-to mac and cheese recipe for years. It's sinfully delicious.



Second, happiness is the completion of my first sewing project, which is now hanging in Sammy's room. More to come, but here's a sneak peek.


No comments:

Post a Comment